Goods movement extends beyond municipal boundaries in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) and requires a safe and efficient network in order to move goods and deliver services to communities and businesses.
The goods movement industry faces the following key changes:
- Customers’ growing expectations
- Increasing concern of the effects of congestion
- The decreasing labour force availability and growing industry expectations
- Emissions for the transportation sector
- Automation, technological changes, and robotics
- Strategies to address population and employment growth pressures